California Personal Injury Attorney
In today’s busy world, millions of people cross paths every day while on the road, at work, or at play. Unfortunately, some of these interactions end in accidents and injuries that can alter lives in an instant. When one person suffers harm caused by another person’s failure to use reasonable care, the person who caused the accident may be held responsible. The Reeves Law Group is committed to helping accident victims recover the compensation they are owed by holding negligent parties accountable.
- Automobile Accidents. There are over 10 million automobile accidents in the U.S each year. Thousands of people lose their lives in these crashes and millions more suffer life-changing injuries and emotional trauma. Vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death among Americans ages 1 to 34, and are the leading cause of long-term disabilities for people of all ages.
- Workplace Injuries. Each year, 4% of employees are injured while on the job. 50% of workplace accidents force people to miss time away from work. Loss of hearing, skin disorders from exposure to dangerous substances, and muscular or skeletal disorders from slip and falls or collisions with equipment are a few of the injuries that afflict workers. Some of the most dangerous professions include construction, transportation, and motor vehicle manufacturing.
- Vacation Disasters. While vacations are highly anticipated breaks from daily life, few people realize that vacation accidents happen with regularity. 1 in 5 people suffer an injury while on vacation. A main reason is that people engage in new activities in unfamiliar places. Common vacation accidents include: hotel slip and falls, amusement park injuries, bicycling accidents, food-borne illnesses, and watercraft incidents.
After an Accident
When unforeseen hazards lead to an accident, the injured person may face instant and long-lasting physical, emotional, and financial damage. The time immediately following an accident is one of the most critical periods for preventing harm. Unfortunately, victims can be disoriented and unsure of how to handle the situation. The following tips will help place you in the best position to recover from the accident.
- Get Medical Help. If necessary, call 911 and have an ambulance take you or your loved ones to a hospital. If you don’t need emergency care, schedule an appointment with a doctor, even if your injuries seem minor. Insist on a thorough examination and follow all doctor’s orders regarding treatment.
- Collect Evidence. Write down the names and contact information for everyone involved and any witnesses. Survey the accident site and try to understand the extent of the damage. Take photographs of your injuries and property. Remember to take shots from different angles as well as from close up and far away. Document any relevant pieces of information, like time of day, weather, road conditions, and traffic.
- Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer. Never discuss your accident with an insurance company or claims adjuster. The insurance company may use these discussions to limit the amount of money you are owed. Instead, contact a highly regarded personal injury attorney. An experienced attorney will have the knowledge and resources to handle your case from start to finish, including all investigations, settlement discussions, and litigation, with the goal of maximizing the compensation owed to you.
There are a number of factors that determine the compensation you may obtain after a personal injury accident. These include:
- The extent of medical and other health care bills related to your injuries
- Payments for prescription medications
- Losses related to property damage
- Lost income
- Any life-changing disabilities caused by your injury
- Any pain and suffering
Choosing the Best Personal Injury Law Firm
Premier personal injury law firms have the chief mission of delivering success to their clients. These firms can be identified by the following traits:
- Experience. Excellent law firms have a winning track record in large and small cases, and will have a cohesive team of well-trained lawyers deeply committed to providing the highest quality legal services to every client.
- Resources. Reputable law firms have large resources to draw from so that cases can be taken on a contingency basis. A firm should be able to advance all expenses for each case, allowing the client to pay only after the firm wins.
- Technology. Leading firms utilize state-of-the-art technology such as legal databases, cutting-edge software, and advanced equipment for persuasive presentations at the pre-trial and trial stages.
Expertise in a Variety of Personal Injury Cases
Top-notch personal injury firms will have a well-developed expertise in a wide range of cases, including:
- Car, bus, truck, motorcycle, van, and other motor vehicle accidents
- Personal injuries from automobile defects, including brake failure, tire defects, crushed roofs, airbags, defective seat belts, and child car seats
- Boating, train, and airplane accidents
- Dangerous products cases, including defective drugs, food poisoning, and recalled products
- Work-related sickness, including industrial disease such as asbestos and mesothelioma, chest diseases due to toxins, occupational stress and deafness, and repetitive strain
- Premises accidents, such as slip and fall accidents, construction accidents, swimming pool accidents, fires and explosions, dog bites and other animal attacks, and other accidents in the home
- Catastrophic personal injury involving the spinal cord, brain, and burns
- Assault and battery, nursing home abuse, and sports event accidents
- Health issues from exposure to pollution, mold, chemicals, lead, or other environmental pollutants
The Reeves Law Group
Over nearly three decades, The Reeves Law Group has maintained a near perfect record for its clients – a 98.7% rate of recovery – earning the firm a reputation for exemplary representation. Our professionals are some of the most experienced, sophisticated, and passionate personal injury attorneys in California. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, contact The Reeves Law Group for a free consultation at (800) 644-8000.